Friday, February 25, 2011

Friday Favorites-- Hark! A Vagrant!

Friday Favorite #3
Kate Beaton

So there's this artist named Kate Beaton.  She draws comics about history, or maybe makes fun of historical characters, or literature, or something along those lines.
She's also done art for Marvel's "Strange Tales II" series, which I kind of like because it's about superheroes living normal lives and having to deal with the same exact crap as everyone else... superheroes are people too, you know!
But yeah, enough talk.  Let's see some of my favorite ones!
Oh, and I need to preemptively apologize for a lot of the language.... She doesn't exactly have the cleanest mouth in the world....



I got all these from www.harkavagrant.com, they are property of Kate Beaton, so be nice and don't steal them. Okay?  Thanks.

Okay, first off, I have to say I like how these comics are not as focused on the realism of the art or even the style of it (some comics drive me crazy because they are too focused on a certain style).  They are art for the sake of art, and the characters are meant to show expressions and be funny!  AND they look like who they should look like.
Plus her jokes are legitimately funny!  If you can stand the language, I suggest you go check out all of her comics RIGHT NOW.  It's that important.
Yup, that's all I have to say about Hark! A Vagrant.
--Alton Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment