Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Hey, Hey Listen!

This is the last MSJAR.  I will not update this blog or any other site of mine for the next two years.  Drawing MSJAR has been a good experience and I am grateful for what I have learned.   I am also eternally grateful for those who stuck around and read my comic even though I complained a lot and didn't update as often as I should.  When I return I will start production on a new webcomic I have been thinking about since high school.  The plan so far is to have the comic be strip based and run either Monday-Friday or M-W-F.  The strip will follow the life of a college aged kid working at a pizza shop in downtown Portland.  Every comic will be in full color.  I don't plan on posting a single comic until I have at least 3 months of buffer. 

The reason for my hiatus is the fact I will be busy serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  I will be serving in the Utah, Salt Lake City South mission.  I report to the Missionary Training Center on September 28th.  I am super excited for this opportunity.  I am willingly giving up these two years.  No one has forced me to do this.

I know that the Church is true and that by living the Gospel and following Christ's example one can live a happier more meaningful life.   I have seen the peace that comes to people's lives as they come to Christ, including my own.  I know that Jesus Christ was the Son of God and died for all of us.  No one is perfect, and it was a loving God who allowed for his Son to provide an infinite atonement so we can return home to our Heavenly Father.  I know that Joseph Smith spoke to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and was called to be a Prophet.  I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith translated it.  He did not author the Book of Mormon, he translated it from an ancient record he was given.  I promise that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true!  I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

For more information on the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and the Book of Mormon feel free to visit the sites below:

http://mormon.org/
http://lds.org/
http://www.youtube.com/user/MormonMessages

To hold you over till I get home you should follow Khail Ballard's comic-->click me!

With All Due Respect,

Aaron Painter

3 comments:

  1. Alright it's been a fun read Aaron! I am definitely looking forward to your big comic in the next few years. Good luck on your mission!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alden! Glad you enjoyed MSJAR! Good luck in everything you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for the new project! Good luck and thanks for MSJAR!

    ReplyDelete